Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

MASS READINGS for today, December 16, 2011(Friday of the Third Week of Advent)

Book of Isaiah 56:1-3a.6-8.

Thus says the LORD: Observe what is right, do what is just; for my salvation is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed.
Happy is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it; Who keeps the sabbath free from profanation, and his hand from any evildoing.
And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, ministering to him, Loving the name of the LORD, and becoming his servants-- All who keep the sabbath free from profanation and hold to my covenant,

Them I will bring to my holy mountain and make joyful in my house of prayer; Their holocausts and sacrifices will be acceptable on my altar, For my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

Thus says the Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel: Others will I gather to him besides those already gathered.



Psalms 67(66):2-3.5.7-8.

May God be gracious to us and bless us; may God's face shine upon us. Selah
So shall your rule be known upon the earth, your saving power among all the nations.
May the nations be glad and shout for joy; for you govern the peoples justly, you guide the nations upon the earth. Selah
The earth has yielded its harvest; God, our God, blesses us.
May God bless us still; that the ends of the earth may revere our God.



Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 5:33-36.

You sent emissaries to John, and he testified to the truth.
I do not accept testimony from a human being, but I say this so that you may be saved.
He was a burning and shining lamp, and for a while you were content to rejoice in his light.
But I have testimony greater than John's. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me.


No comments:

Post a Comment